In this email, you ask your contacts what their three “do not miss” features are about the area, ostensibly for people who are thinking about relocating.
Not only do they feel good about sharing and promoting the places they love, but you also gain insight into their favorites… a very useful bit of information when it comes time for a pop-by gift or special thank you.
In addition to enriching the information you have about your contacts, you also come away with a nice “most recommended” list you can share with prospects.
The information you gather is also great for paying a nice compliment to local business owners who your clients recommend. Next time you’re in their restaurant / business, you can mention that your real estate clients recommended them highly. (Excellent conversation starter.)
- Be sure to associate information you receive back from this letter with the person who replied. You’ll want to be able to look it up later.
- This is easiest to send via email, where you’re likely to get instant responses.
- Consider posting this on your Facebook wall for even broader engagement!
Included in the downloadable .zip file is:
- A PDF file with instructions on how to use the letter (and the full copy of the letter)
- Recommended subject lines if you choose to use this letter as an email message
- Original Word .doc file
- Original plain text .txt file