Use this letter to share your condolences about the death of a client’s pet. A pet is often considered a member of the family, and for some people (especially young couples without children), the loss of a pet can be significant.
As you probably know, pet considerations are part of the home buying process. Fenced yards, access to parks, and flooring preferences are often important. Show your clients you know what’s important to them and that you sympathize with their loss.
- While you could send this as an email message, a handwritten note is also nice.
- You’re not selling your services with this note, though you are reinforcing your reputation as a thoughtful agent.
- Resist the urge to add lines such as, “When will you get a new pet?” or “Perhaps your next dog / cat / etc., will help ease the pain.”
Included in the downloadable .zip file is:
- A PDF file with instructions on how to use the letter (and the full copy of the letter)
- Original Word .doc file
- Original plain text .txt file