Use this letter to begin the “break-up” process with a client who you feel would be better served by a different agent (or simply makes unrealistic demands).
Sometimes it’s best to cut your losses and move on. Doing so requires a delicate touch. This letter is not the end of the conversation, but rather a gentle introduction to either a meeting or phone call in which you part ways.
- There’s no point in accusing the client of bad behavior or assigning blame.
- Focus on moving on with the least damage possible.
- Be sure to have an in-person or phone conversation with the client you’re breaking up with after using this letter.
- Send as an email message rather than a printed letter.
Included in the downloadable .zip file is:
- A PDF file with instructions on how to use the letter (and the full copy of the letter)
- Recommended subject lines if you choose to use this letter as an email message
- Original Word .doc file
- Original plain text .txt file