Use this reference with recent clients to elicit testimonials and build a “reference file” for when prospective clients want to talk with others about your skills as an agent.
Be sure to send it to people you’ve actually worked with, not just people who know you personally.
An agent who provides unfiltered references has an advantage over agents who can’t/won’t provide references.
- Asking people to be a reference is a great way to have a conversation about whether or not they were satisfied with your service.
- Offering prospective clients a “references list” is a great way to demonstrate your transparency and professionalism as an agent.
- Use this as a letter or email message, but target clients you’ve used in the past year.
Included in the downloadable .zip file is:
- A PDF file with instructions on how to use the letter (and the full copy of the letter)
- Recommended subject lines if you choose to use this letter as an email message
- Original Word .doc file
- Original plain text .txt file