Use this letter to let clients and contacts know you will be relocating soon to a new market soon.
This not only is a considerate way to say “goodbye,” but also an invitation to stay in touch.
This letter also helps paves the way for people to introduce you to others in the market where you’ll be relocating. It’s a perfect time to ask for introductions since you’ll be “the new guy/girl in town.”
- Be sure to include ALL pertinent contact information, as well as the dates when when that information is valid (i.e. when you’re moving, etc.).
- If you use social media, encourage your contacts to keep up with you there as well.
- Never burn bridges in a letter like this, and resist any urge to over explain your departure.
Included in the downloadable .zip file is:
- A PDF file with instructions on how to use the letter (and the full copy of the letter)
- Recommended subject lines if you choose to use this letter as an email message
- Original Word .doc file
- Original plain text .txt file