At some point you may have a conversation with someone of the Millennial demographic who prefers renting over exploring their buying options. Millennials are often regarded as those with “birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s” (Wikipedia).
Use this email message (and associated article from MarketWatch) to explain how renting can add up to a six-figure financial mistake. While they may not be swayed to investigate buying now, it may very well lead to productive conversations down the line.
- Send this as an email message
- Modify this letter to include your name on Facebook and link to your Facebook page
- You can also modify this letter to include Twitter profiles, Google+, etc.
From the email:
“I wanted to follow-up with you re: the conversation we had about renting versus buying. I definitely understand now may not be the right time, especially if affordability is a concern and you may be unsure were you’d like to live in the near future. That said, I thought you might find this article on the hidden long-term cost of renting compelling.”
Included in the downloadable .zip file is:
- A PDF file with instructions on how to use the letter (and the full copy of the letter)
- Original Word .doc file
- Original plain text .txt file